Bugs and Updates List
The updates in the next release are posted here. If you encounter a problem and wish to send in a bug report or email, it will help to fix that problem.
- In the ai_heuristic package - bag-of-words bug fix, if word stem. Other methods now explicitly throw and exception as part of the API.
- SPARQL query form can take a long time to reply for a large query.
- With ESB, some possibilities to monitor faults using the linking mechanism. Needs further work, so currently not in use.
- The core licas package, including the classloader, is now compiled under Java 1.7, but will remain Java 1.6 compatible. If you want to load in classes from a higher version, such as Java 1.8, then it needs to be run under that JVM version and not an earlier version.
- For the mobile platform, you need to set some values at the
start of your main activity, to allow the base licas classes to set
file paths or other values. Even if you don't use it, make sure you
set the LoggerFactory in your startup method, before using any of
the licas classes. You also need to specify the Android operating
system, so that linux file paths can be set. You therefore need to
add the following two lines of code at the start of your main
- For the mobile platform, best to have a single jar file for the base classloader. So wrap licas jar with own mobile jar.
- The system can handle large numbers of services quite easily. So the problem is initialisng them correctly, and configuring them with the required information and functions. If writing your own classes, threading needs to be considered.
- To view a remote server, you need both the server password and admin key for the remote server, to access all information.
- There might be a bug in the Java Reflection package, if overloaded methods have the same parameter number but slightly different parameter types. One fix is to give them different method names.
- The packet size only works from a blocking client to server request, so it is returned to the client as part of the call.